Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Ultimate Mashup Begins!

Hi everyone, Alisa Jacobs here kicking off this blog. For this summer's EME 6635 Web 2.0 Learning and Performance class, two produsage projects were required. I've seen some amazing things come out of these projects, and I'd like to be able to refer back to them easily. What I'm trying to do is create the ultimate mashup of all of our projects.

We already have a Twitter account for our group (http://twitter.com/fsuinsys), so I wanted to add a couple of components to help ready our previous projects for easy retrieval in the future. First, I created this blog, and have invited most of you to be authors (I'm having trouble finding a complete list of email addresses for everyone, so I apologize if you haven't yet received an invitation to be an author on this blog.) I will ensure that the rest of you are added in the next couple of days. What I hope the blog will be is a place to link to all of the wonderful projects done to date (specifically those that are not blogs - more on blogs in a minute.) If you created a WikiSpace, a SecondLife tutorial, a Flickr project, or anything else, I'd like for you to provide a link and description for it here in the blog.

Now, on to blogs. I set up a Technorati account for us to use collectively - what I'd like to do with it is to have each of the blogs created for this course (electronic journals and produsage assignments) marked as favorites. I'll be adding those later today. Then, as you encounter blogs you want to share with others, add them as favorites to the collective Technorati account. The sign in info is:
email: fsuinsys@gmail.com
password: network1

To begin adding favorites, go to: http://technorati.com/widgets/
Click on the Browser Buttons tab.
Right-click the Favorite This! text (in green) and select Add to Favorites.
Click OK.
You can now use this option in your browser favorites list to add blogs to the Favorites listing in Technorati.

My hope is that we can continue some of our great discussion from this term through this blog going forward and continue to learn from one another while providing easy reference to the various projects created this term. I know that our BlackBoard site will live on for retrieval, but I'd like to see the discussion live on here.

1 comment:

  1. Here you go. Here is the link to Chris and my wiki about IS Courses. Can't wait to see everything come together.
    http://fsuiscourses.wikispaces.com/

    ReplyDelete